How about a festive workout outfit to get in the spirit of Valentine’s Day? Think pink today. Happy Valentine’s!
I’ve always wanted to do a RunDisney race, but they’re usually sold out about the time I remember to go check dates. A few years ago I watched my friend run her first half at Disneyland, and the combination of the host venue and festively dressed participants created a great atmosphere. In honor of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend at Disneyland today thru Sunday, here’s a few inspired looks from iGlowRunning.
In honor of my dear Rams playing in their 1999 throwback uni’s this Sunday, I perused Etsy for some vintage items from the golden era of when the team was based in Los Angeles. The good ol’ days!
*This list also doubles as a birthday/Christmas list if any of my friends or family are noticing.
Why I love Esther Williams*:
• She was a native Los Angeleno, hailing from Inglewood specifically.
• She took on the “male-only” swims, including the breast stroke, and not only won, but set records. She joined the Los Angeles Athletic Club’s medley team and won three national titles by age 16.
• She wanted to be attend USC [a D in her senior year of Algebra prevented her from going] and pursue a degree in physical education.
• She would’ve competed in the 1940 Olympics had WWII not broken out.
• She revolutionized swimwear both in styling and fabrication advancements. After nearly being drowned while wearing, get this, a flannel swimsuit on set, she signed a contract with Cole of California to represent their latex suits. The US Navy even took notice and immediately ordered 50,000 units of the “Esther Williams” style suits.
The lovely Esther Williams sadly passed the other day, but she leaves quite a legacy spanning from sport, film, and fashion. Williams is easily one of my favorite Old Hollywood personalities and it’s not hard to see why. She’ll be missed!
Any guesses on who this young prep footballer is? It’s author of the hour, F. Scott Fitzgerald, who was a huge fan, but stopped playing once he didn’t make the cut for the Princeton team. Anyone catching “The Great Gatsby” this weekend?
[Ed.: Thanks, WP, for not posting this on Friday]
My beloved Rams are wearing their throwback uniforms this weekend from their Los Angeles era. Here’s to hoping the cheerleaders get in the spirit, too. Look at that headband!
Reebok re-released Emmitt Smith’s signature ES22 on Wednesday after being in the vault for fifteen years. I totally remember these like they were yesterday, which got me to thinking about other signature shoes of the 90s. Remember the Shaqnosis and all its stripey glory back when the big man was busy slinging candy bars and being a genie? Ah, childhood.
Can’t get enough of these vintage cheerleading photos with autumn now upon us. I wish my high school squads had sweaters like these.