November, my favorite month, is finally here! One of the best things this month brings is the bounty of Christmas gift guides. My favorite spotting so far has been Free People’s Vintage Loves shop, which featured a surprising number of vintage and vintage-inspired sports items. While they’re all filed under the “For Him” gifts, I think any gals like me would be equally stoked on this. I’m thrilled to see collector items like this being highlighted at a major brand, but I’m also a little selfishly disappointed that collectors will have to be competing with corporations that are scouring the market.
Due to the condition and rarity of these items, a few have been unsurprisingly sold already. For items just as cool, but much lower in price, I highly recommend Etsy for finding that unique gift for the sports fan in your life.
1. Handsome Dan Football
2. Vintage Sports Illustrated – 1975 Nolan Ryan cover [sold]
3. Vintage Hank Aaron Signed Bat
4. Vintage 1950 Phillies Yearbook [sold]
5. Vintage 1940s Phillies Pennant
6. Vintage 1950s Phillies Decal
7. Vintage Steve Carlton Set [sold]
8. Vintage Negro League Legends Signed Bat
One of the latest additions to my book collection is Lizzie Garrett Mettler’s Tomboy Style, based on the popular blog. Being a tomboy isn’t so simply defined as dressing in menswear or of masculine styles, but of possessing a certain sense of confidence, spirit, and edge. It’s not a very big book, but Mettler does a wonderful job highlighting each representation of the tomboy: the rebel, the jock, the adventuress, et cetera.
[photos by Ben Suarez]
What skateboarding bought Andre and well-deservedly so. The man bleeds skateboarding.
Burton recently launched (or re-launched?) their girls site with lots o’ goodies. Glad to see them tapping into a more well-rounded representation of their customer. Check it: Burton Girls
How do I make this happen in my future residence? Mihara Yasuhiro, I am truly jealous.
1. Water bottle // 2. Aveeno Hydro Sport Sunscreen // 3. Hawaiian Tropic Dry Tanning Oil // 4. H&M Beach Bag// 5. Kodak Underwater Camera // 6. Teeka Tan Lip Balm // 7. Elizabeth & James Park Sunglasses // 8. Headband // 9. iPhone // 10. Lucky Magazines // 11. Rainbow Sandals // 12. DIY Beach Towel
A glimpse inside my beach bag. I guess I don’t eat when I’m at the beach. What do you guys bring?
Those Blazers. And the hoodie details. Oh, to be an American Olympian.